Decorating your home with stylish pastel colors – is there a better way to spice up your living space and awaken your senses? To give you a short answer, no. From warm, delicate tones of peach to baby blues and soft minty greens, dozens of pastel paint colors are ready to help you venture beyond the common white, beige, and gray so that you can turn your interior into a serene, breathtaking setting. Read on for the best tips on how to incorporate pastel colors into your home décor to create a relaxing ambience, equally appealing to men and women.
- Choose pastel paint colors that compliment the other elements in hour home. A great advantage of using pastels to paint your interior that they can be successfully combined with wood floors, paneling, and furniture. For instance, you can opt for a pale shade of green, orange, or yellow to complement light-colored woods, such as light maple, bamboo, or white oak. If you’d like more contrast, you can enhance your wood elements with dark brown, mahogany, or cherry wood stains.
- Pick the right color combinations. Certain pastel paint colors, such as soft tones of pink, lavender, or peach, can make a room look girly. However, no one stops you from pairing pastel colors with brighter or darker shades for a beautiful contrast. For example, a light beige interior combined with a deep red accent wall, or a bolder version of the same color applied to an accent wall, or a coat of buttery yellow spiced up with navy blue or turquoise accents can do wonders in any room.
- When in doubt, go for muted pastel colors. Choosing the right pastel paint scheme for your living space can be very difficult. If you want a relaxing interior but don’t know what colors to choose, the best thing to do is to opt for muted pastels. For instance, selecting a muted gray with purple undertones or mixing two or three muted tones of the same pastel color can help you obtain the soothing, refined color palette you’re looking for.
- Give your neutral space a lift. If you’re struggling to revive a monotonous, dull space, it’s time to buy some pastel paint. For example, you could use a beautiful pale blue damask tone or a pinky-beige pastel to paint over your white bathroom walls. Opting for a pastel tint is a great way to invigorate your bathroom without having to deal with the overwhelming effect of a strong hue.
- Be bold. Adding a vibrant color to an accent wall is a fabulous (yet old-fashioned) way to revive living spaces. Another thing you can do to create a fantastic and unique effect is to complement a dark color scheme with an accent wall coated in a trusty pastel. As an example, you could combine burgundy with light peach used as contrasting accent to reign in your color scheme so that it doesn’t look too bold or dark.
Subtle, calming, and welcoming, pastels can definitely enhance any style of room. When using pastel paint, don’t forget to go one or two shades lighter, as most pastel colors appear more intense once spread on the surface. For additional advice on how to choose pastel colors for a chic, stylish interior, feel free to contact our professional painters at Performance Painting, Jacksonville, FL.