Commercial paint jobs are typically viewed as unnecessary business expenses rather than smart investments. Yet improving the aesthetic appearance of a business with inviting paint colors is more important than many business professionals think. If you’re wondering why, here are five reasons you should consider keeping your business in pristine condition.
- Economic benefits. A paint job done by professional painting contractors can instantly boost the appearance of your commercial space. Even if your interior and exterior surfaces still look good, painting your business every few years will help maintain or increase its value. For example, consider two identical buildings with the only difference consisting of their overall condition and aesthetics. The well-maintained building will have a higher market value than the building in bad shape. Therefore, the owner of the building in good condition can get a better price if he ever decides to sell it.
- Cost effectiveness. Another essential aspect is the cost benefit of preventive maintenance. As a general rule, repainting surfaces regularly will prevent your business from deteriorating to the point of needing a major overhaul. Paint systems deteriorate over time, regardless of their quality. The deterioration of paint film often manifests itself through color fading, gloss degradation and fine cracking. When these issues aren’t addressed right away, they’ll eventually dull the image of your business and lead to extensive damage. Painting your Florida business based on a strict maintenance program will allow you to keep it looking its best for years to come.
- Competitive edge. Painting your business regularly is a great way to create a distinct brand identity. As an example, you can choose certain colors that fit your brand and give your company a unique look. But before opting for a color scheme, take the time to study the basics of color psychology. To begin with, vibrant, bright colors can create an impression of vitality and energy; more sober, neutral shades are great choices to suggest reliability and calmness. Periodic paint maintenance will also affect the way potential customers perceive your company, most people favoring visually appealing, friendly looking businesses. Another aspect you shouldn’t overlook is that a new coat of paint will positively affect the way your business functions. Employee morale, productivity, retention and interaction with customers are strongly connected to the work environment.
- Regulatory compliance. Depending on your industry, painting different areas of your business will allow you to comply with industry regulations and ensure the health and safety of your workers. Maintaining line striping in certain work environments, for instance, will ensure a safe and efficient traffic flow, boost productivity and reduce the number of occupational accidents.
- A contemporary masterpiece. Prior to selecting paint colors for your business, there are three main aspects to consider: 1) the paint colors recommended for different business environments; 2) your logo’s color scheme; 3) the latest paint color trends. Since customers respond to aesthetics, a dull or outdated paint job will almost surely chase them away. If you’ve reached a point where you want to try something new in order to attract and retain customers, consider painting your business a modern color palette that will boost its personality and set it apart from all the others.
At Performance Painting Contractors, we have more than 15 years of experience serving residential, commercial and industrial customers throughout north-east-central Florida. Our painting solutions bring together professional painting services, advanced technologies, high-quality paint products and proven painting techniques. If you need help reviving your brand image and making a dramatic improvement to your business, please contact our customer service team today in Jacksonville or Tampa, FL.