Wall painting is often viewed as a matter of aesthetics. But many interior designers have a completely different opinion. According to them, the colors people use to decorate their homes have a profound effect on their emotions, state of mind, and spirit. As surprising as it may seem, they’re right. What color you choose for your walls isn’t just a matter of aesthetics. A color can be used as a tool to create an emotionally healthy living environment. Whether you’re a homeowner planning to revive his living space, a rental property owner trying to attract potential tenants, or a business owner struggling to get more clients, choosing colors that appeal to men and women is very important to make everyone happy.
To take the guesswork out of your life, the consultants working at Performance Painting have put together a small guide, suggesting eight colors that are equally appealing to men and women.
- Blue: Blue is one of the most popular paint colors, being the favorite of many people. Whether you intend to choose this color for its calming effect or to associate it with specific things, such as intelligence, authority, loyalty, or stability, blue is a great option for office spaces, bedrooms, and bathrooms. Depending on the hue chosen, a blue interior can appear dignified or playful.
- Green: Before placing green among the colors that appeal to men and women, it’s important to know that women tend to favor softer tints, while men usually go for bright, strong hues or dark shades. Since green stimulates relaxation and makes people feel welcome, it’s a popular choice for bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, and offices.
- Orange: Orange is a fun, vibrant, cheerful color, promoting warmth and representing a sense of renewal and youth. It’s ideal for many rooms, including bedrooms, living rooms, and foyers. Orange is also an appetite stimulant, which makes it a good option for kitchens and restaurants.
- Yellow: Besides creating a sense of relaxation, warm tones of yellow stimulate attention, being great “additives” for areas meant for conversation, such as kitchens, living rooms, and foyers. You can use golden hues to give rooms a unique aura of warmth.
- Red: Though red is one of the most popular colors that appeal to men and women, very few people choose it as the main color for their homes. Symbolizing warmth and excitement but also power, red is a great choice for accent walls.
- Beige: Often seen as dull and boring, beige is actually a great option for any interior. That’s not only because it’s available in a wide range of enchanting, spectacular shades but also because it has a calming, soothing effect on people. Additionally, beige goes well with many colors, which makes it the favorite of many men and women.
- White: Also considered a boring color, white is a classic preferred by both men and women, and ideal for any room. Whether you intend to paint your office, bedroom, or bathroom, white can be used alone or in combination with other colors, including trendy paint hues, to create a fantastic, stylish ambience.
- Gray: Light gray adds a nice warmth to any space, providing a clean yet sophisticated background for trim painted in other colors, such as white, red, yellow, orange, or green.
Before you pick the winner, make sure that you take full advantage of the paint color schemes you can find online or at local paint stores. If you choose wisely, you can change the look and feel of any room, thereby transforming a boring interior into a beautiful, enticing living space.