Over the years, kitchens have turned from simple rooms used for food preparation into great gathering places, where more and more people choose to spend their time. Since kitchens have turned into social areas, they must be not only functional, but also welcoming and stylish.
The easiest way to revive your kitchen and get long-term style without scarifying function is to repaint the walls. Here are seven marvelous ideas that can help you with your kitchen painting project.
- Keep it simple: Many homeowners might be bored with the pure-white kitchen. Unfortunately, this means they’re completely unaware of the fabulous white paints available today. While a kitchen painted in cool white tones is crisp, clean, and refreshing, warm shades of white can help create a welcoming, relaxing atmosphere. Additionally, a white kitchen may be classic, but it’s never dull. And that’s because white can change the character of a room according to the season and time of the day.
- Choose the perfect color palette: A beautiful shade of green, blue, orange, or red can give your kitchen area a fresh, instant facelift. You can take a chance on a soothing or bold, saturated tone, or opt for different combinations to add a fun splash of color to your kitchen painting project. Although painting walls two different colors can be difficult, the end result will be well worth the effort.
- Add new textures and dimensions: Another great idea would be to opt for different painting techniques to add new textures, dimensions, or styles to walls. For example, you could paint stripes, alternating matte, satin, and gloss paint finishes, or use different styles of brushes to give walls new dimensions. Additionally, stencils deliver a fun way to add some color and tackle your kitchen painting project with ease.
- Opt for an accent wall: Today, you can find a wide variety of brick wall patterns and textures to create a stylish, charming kitchen area. Whether you choose an antique, classic, or modern design, a brick wall is what you need for an original, personalized look.
- Go for a contrasting color: Choosing a contrasting color can make your kitchen furniture and accessories stand out. For example, red kitchen furniture goes perfectly with white or light-gray walls; dark brown cabinets can be successfully combined with bright yellow or mint green shades; and white furniture would look great against a dark background, such as dark green, navy, or burgundy.
- Consider the rustic style: Sometimes, the rustic style is the best choice for a kitchen with a natural fireplace, rock elements, and aged wood cabinets. Wall colors that seem to radiate warmth, such as beige, yellow, and orange, are the best choices to complement the ambience of a cozy country kitchen.
- Decorate your space with wall art: Regardless of the color you choose for your walls, there will always be thousands of different creative ways to decorate your kitchen with wall art. By mixing and matching different decorative elements in your favorite hues, you can turn your Jacksonville kitchen into a welcoming space.
One of the most important things you should do before starting your kitchen painting project is to check out different color schemes and decorating ideas. This is the only way to ensure that the wall colors, patterns, and art pieces you intend to choose not only will turn your kitchen into a centerpiece, but they’ll also attractively blend with the rest of your home.