When it comes to overall building maintenance, routine exterior and interior painting is a must. Without performing the necessary repairs and repainting operations, the harsh weather we have here in Florida can take its toll on any building, potentially causing widespread damage.
To help reduce the costs associated with extensive repairs and ensure long-term protection of a commercial building, a facility manager in Tampa, Jacksonville or other neighboring locations in Florida needs to find a good commercial painting contractor, who is able to conduct a comprehensive inspection and risk assessment, as well as recommend proper remedial measures.
Now, let’s take a look at some critical aspects a facility manager should consider in order to locate the right specialty contractor for a commercial painting project.
The Scope of the Project
The best way to go about specifying the work that needs to be done and comparing painting estimates from different contractors is to have your facility inspected by professional painters.
After inspecting your facility, a professional commercial painter can prepare a list of the work required along with the color scheme and gloss level appropriate for each area of your business.
Experience and Reputation
A few aspects that can help determine if a commercial painting contractor is the right person for the job include:
- Expertise – Not all painting contractors have experience in commercial painting. As an example, some painters may specialize in residential painting, while others in industrial painting. Generally, your best bet would be to enlist the services of an experienced painting company that specializes in different areas of painting, including both commercial and industrial painting.
- Communication – When talking to a commercial painter, take note of how he carries the conversation. If he exudes a sense of professionalism and respect, is courteous and listens to what you say, you might have found the right person for the job.
- Disruption – When it comes to commercial painting, disruption is a critical problem. Thus, hiring a team of professional painters who are able to work around your schedule to minimize disruption to your daily operations will provide you with the highest quality work, while ensuring you can continue business as usual.
- Reviews – Online reviews can give you a good indication of how trustworthy, efficient and professional a commercial painting contractor actually is.
- Contract – A facility manager should require a written contract that stipulates all the things agreed upon, including the tasks that will be completed, estimates provided, timelines and warranties.
The Materials That Will Be Used
A professional commercial painter has access to a number of products that meet different quality levels. Often, the extra cost of purchasing premium coatings, which last longer and ensure superior protection compared to less expensive products, will pay off in quality assurance and money saved.
To meet various requirements, the best commercial painting contractors in Tampa, Jacksonville and neighboring areas across northeastern and central Florida typically work with different coating products, including low VOC paints.
Health and Safety
The health and safety of employees and customers should be the first priority of any commercial painting contractor. The painting company you intend to hire should be able to offer details about the occupational health and safety guidelines, training programs and certification initiatives it has in place, including lead awareness, respiratory safety, confined space training, scaffold, ladder and fall protection training.
With more than 16 years of industry experience, Performance Painting Contractors is able to provide reliable, personalized and high-quality commercial painting. In addition to new construction painting and repainting tasks, our ongoing maintenance program can keep any commercial facility in great shape throughout the year.